[Zope] [ZOPE.ORG] suggestion for download area

Philip Aylesworth phila@regalint.com
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:21:49 -0500

A frustration of mine:

On the download page it would be nice to have an explination of what the
software is for. Ditto for contributed software.

For example, how do I find out what confera will do without installing it
and spending a week playing with it? That is what I did with Zope. It is
not the best way to sell software, even free stuff!

An even better example: Zope! If someone hears about it on freashmeat, for
example, and has no idea what a web aplication framework is, they won't
find out at

Maybe there could be a second link to a document explaining what the
component does. (It could be writen by the contributer of the software, so
it wouldn't be much work for the zope.org webmaster.) That would be
especially great in the contributed software. What are XMLConfig, MySQL
Input Wizard, slashdot.py anyways! They sound interesting but I am still
learning 10 other things, I need to know what they do first!

This is the INFORMATION AGE, afterall!

Phil.

Philip Aylesworth                  Information Systems Manager
phila@regalint.com
PGP public key: http://www.regalint.com/PGPkeys/phila.html