[Zope] ZServerFTP

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:32:10 -0800

At 12:27 AM 2/27/99 -0800, you wrote:
>HomeSite's FTP mode is apparently trying to use the FTP commands "MODE S"
>and "STRU F" to which ZServer is responding with a "500 '%s': command not
>understood." % command and then HomeSite bails out and never fetches any
>directory listings or anything.
>
>Is there any intent to support these commands?  It sure would be nice.

Right now we are trying not to add a lot of FTP commands to ZServer that
Medusa's FTP server doesn't already support, and it seems that Medusa
doesn't support these right now.

I'll look into these commands and if they are easy to implement and make
sense for Zope, I'll try. Of course, patches are always welcome.

-Amos

P.S. Another option is to pressure Sam Rushing ;-)