[Zope] - additional docs, of builtin modules and _ ?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 09:11:46 -0500

LD wrote:
>   Is the "collector" likely to be Open Source?

It might be but we don't have immediate plans for it.  First, it is
based on Tabula, which we are currently reserving for use in consulting
gigs.  Second, we have our hands extremely full documenting and managing
the software we have already open sourced.  For instance, we are already
behind getting the database adapters out :^(

>   On a related but different topic...
>
>   What are your (collective) plans re: CVS, et al...
>
>   Personally, I haven't yet delved into that world... thought
> I'd wait to
>   hear what message comes down from the mountain (DC)...
> heard Paul express
>   some concern (I thought) over the "trials and tribulations"
> of the GNOME
>   or KDE project experiences...  This is mainly to let you
> know that some
>   of us are watching for some announcement/discussion on this.

We are working on filling a position for someone that would make this
happen.  In fact we are in the process of making the offer.  We'll all
be very, very lucky if this person accepts.

In general, I look to a community-accessible CVS repository to (a) help
harness the energy of contributors and patchers, and (b) stretch out the
release cycle a little bit by providing a facility for making regular
updates.

--Paul