[Zope] - Simple redirect?

Magnus Lie Hetland Magnus.Hetland@idi.ntnu.no
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 17:55:01 +0100 (CET)

I'm having some trouble fiddling with Apache (one over which I really have
no control -- using only .htaccess and the like) and would like to do
things differently... I would like to run a ZopeHTTPServer and redirect
all HTTP requests from one directory under the Apache server to the
ZopeHTTPServer. I do not have (and will not get) mod_proxy available, and
mod_rewrite only seems to change the URL shown in the browser no matter
what options I feed it.

So, what I wondered was -- can a simple redirect mechanism be made as a
cgi-program, for instance in Python? I could get the URL, fetch the info
from the other server and return it... The problem, I guess, is getting
environment information (with, among other things, authentication headers)
on to the Zope server... Is there some simpler way?

I guess I could use pcgi, but I would still want Zope itself to lie on a
different machine... Can pcgi use Tcp/Ip-sockets internally, so that the
running process is on another location?

--

  Magnus
  Lie