[Zope] - A simple counter...

Magnus Lie Hetland Magnus.Hetland@idi.ntnu.no
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 19:29:52 +0100 (CET)

I'm having a slight proglem with a simple counter...
I've made an external method that increments a Folder property and then
returns it, which I use to maintain a hit-count on my main page. The
problem is, that this doesn't work like with the simple web
page/cgi-solution I had before. Then it would update the count once for
each session where you visited the page, and using a cached version of the
page the rest of the time. Now, it counts every time you look at the page,
and gives an unrealistically high hit-count... Is there a simple way
around this, or do I have to start tracking who has visited? (Maybe I
could use a cookie for that...)

--

  Magnus
  Lie