[Zope] - dtml syntax query

Tim Fraser tfraser@crieff-strathearn.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 20:03:38 +0000

Re example "poll" product:
I want to insert a tag in a new page which will iterate through a number
of created "polls"(id's are p1,p2,p3...), all of which exist in one
folder and which will dynamically create a list of links.

After reading the DTML User Guide I'm still unclear.  The "in" tag seems
the correct choice. However I can't seem to arrive at the correct
syntax.

Help appreciated.

Also the "Company example in the "investors corner" of the Zope site
gives this:

     <P>Please visit the following departments:
     <!--#if "id[0:5] == 'dept_'"-->
     <A HREF="<!--#var id-->"><!--#var title--></A>     <!--#/if-->

which successfully, gives a neat list of links to subfolders which begin
with "dept_"
I wondered what the id[0:5] means?

Tim