[Zope] - Welcome aboard...

Ken Manheimer ken@digicool.com
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 22:18:48 -0500

> I'd like to formally welcome two new and talented people to the Digital
> Creations team!!  Both Ken Manheimer and Michel Pelletier are joining
> us.

Thanks, rob!  I'm looking forward to diving in!

As some of you know, i've been centrally involved in the operation of
python.org and the PSA.  All along the way i've been extremely
interested in how to effectively channel the energy of the community
to the benefit of that community.  In open source efforts, it's
especially in the interest of both the users and the company to bring
users into the process of improving the product.

The interesting thing in *this* project is that the product in
question, zope, is itself a tool for fostering community resources and
access.  If we can apply it well, then the process of improving it
*itself* improves!  The question then is how best to exploit this
potential, how bet to support the community and the central
developers.  I have some ideas, and i'm know the folks at digital
creations, and on the mailing list, have some, also.  Yow.

I'm going to be scrambling to tie things up at CNRI for the next few
weeks, but will be checking mail at digital creations in the
meanwhile, and will be happy to answer questions when i have the time.
However, due to CNRI's government contracts, while i'm working there
i'm not permitted to work on outside jobs, even on my own time.  (It's
good for me to concentrate on the wrap up at CNRI, in any case.)
Also, i'll be out of town and completely out of touch next weekend -
so don't be surprised if my response time is sluggish (or very
sluggish), until i really make the switch.

I'm looking forwards to working with you all!

Onwards,

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com