[Zope] - Zope + Python CE

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:41:45 -0500

Jeff wrote:
> - What's the point?

There doesn't have to be a point, it's just coooool. :^)

One other interesting area for Zope...*if* we ever get of our butts and
finish the import/export stuff, and if we actually went so far as to
have some notion of *replicated* folders, then you could effectively
check out your information onto your CE doo-dad, work offline using the
local Zope, then update when back online.

Of course, until we make some progress on our previous promises, you
should take all this with a grain of salt.

BTW, the active projects here right now are:

  o Finishing updates of the Frame documents (that is, Zope
    Manager's Guide, DTML manual, and reworked-Aqueduct
    Manager's Guide)

  o Zope-Medusa (which includes the FTP work)

  o WebDAV

  o DCOracle release

We are swamped with a move to bigger offices starting next week and more
hiring, but we are making good progress.

--Paul