[Zope] - Looping over the characters in a string in DTML...

Janko Hauser hauser@lisboa.ifm.uni-kiel.de
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 01:11:34 +0100 (CET)

Simon Michael writes:
 > > Oh yes... I had a use for range() just the other day, and I meant
 > > to ask for
 > > it. Shall I add the request to Collector?
 >
 > Good idea, please do. Perhaps we should ask for all (safe) python builtins
 > to be exposed..

I would vote against this. DTML is AFAIK focused towards separation of
scripting from HTML. If you need the reuslts of these function calls
why not use an external method. This was more natural in BOBO (no need
to manually add the method at some other/external point), but this is
in the end the cleaner way.

DTML functions should be there for easier formatting of HTML but not
to build complex program logic into a HTML file.

Just my humble opinion,

__Janko Hauser