[Zope] - Testing for query variable existance in dhtml

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:24:15 +0000

Brad Clements wrote:

> I have a document that is called with or without a query value.
>
> http://myhost/mydocument?list=thislist
>
> or
>
> http://myhost/mydocument
>
> What's the best way to determine if list is defined in the request? I tried
>
> <!--#if REQUEST.has_key(list)-->
>
> That didn't work, either with or without quotes

Did you you try:

  <!--#if "REQUEST.has_key('list')"-->

In all of the examples you've given, you've
ommitted quotes for 'list'.  If you use list in
an expression without quotes, you are trying to get the
value of list.  In most of your examples, you *really*
want the string (ie name) list.

> Also, whats the correct way to determine if list points to a valid object, I
> tried this.
>
> <!--#with REQUEST-->
> <!--#if _.has_key(list)-->
> <!--#var _.getitem(list,1)-->

You are missing a lot of quotes.

> This seems to work if list is pointing to a valid object, but I get "Sorry,
> Zope is offline" error if list is an invalid object name.

I'm not sure what you mean by valid.

If you want to test if the name has a definition, then just use:

  <!--#if list-->

> What I really want to know is if list names something IN the current
> Folder that contains the current document..
>
> Any suggestions?

<!--#if list--><!--#unless "REQUEST.has_key('list')"-->

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.