[Zope] - Need installation recommendation

LD Landis ldl@LDL.HealthPartners.COM
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:55:13 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

  Ok... Before getting into Zope+Gadfly, et al, I played around with
  installing Gadfly into the /usr/local/lib/python1.5 directory (since I
  didn't see any harm in having that there, from my perspective)...

  I see that gadfly is also installed in the Zope lib... I currently have
  the gadfly code in two places.

  Now that I'm ready to install the DCOracle stuff, etc... what is the best
  way to do that?

  Do you recommend having separate library areas for each thing (like
  gadfly, DCOracle, etc)? or just jam them all into the same lib?

  Is there anything about the DCOracle packaged in the Zope adapter that
  would prevent just using what is placed elsewhere (e.g.
  /usr/local/lib/python1.5 or subdir)?

  Now that I'm getting ready to start running a much more fully featured
  Python... I'm looking for "the voice of experience" in how to lay it out
  so that it can be managed.

--
Cheers,
	--ldl