[Zope] - backing up Data.bbb

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:05:09 -0800

>     Following a corrupted Data.bbb disaster I want to automate the
> backing up of my Data.bbb.  My question is - do I need to shut down
> zope before copying Data.bbb to ensure that it is closed properly?

I'm interested in this too. It's happened to me several times on windows. I
don't know if I did something bad to cause it.

A related question - I have imported 179 files totalling 50Mb into the
zbase. My find function takes about 10 seconds to list them all, on a sparc
10. Would this be considered a large database ? I do want this to scale up.

It makes me wonder if I need "ExternalFile" and "ExternalFolder" objects,
which would keep the file contents in the filesystem ? Zbase vs. filesystem
has been discussed a bit already, I know.

One more product idea on my mind: "Method" or "TinyMethod" - a external
method without the file. Just edit in place, like a Document. Is this a good
or bad idea, I wonder ?

-Simon