[Zope] - Other access control paradigms?

LEE, Kwan Soo kslee@plaza1.snu.ac.kr
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:59:02 +0900

Yes! That's it.

Getting user data from a (central) relational(or any other manageable) database!

Jim Fulton wrote:

> BScherer@mobile.bam.com wrote:
> > I would like to maintain my user information (uid, passwd, and access info) in an rdbms table.  This would

> If I understand you, all you need is a user folder that get's it's user

> data from a relational database. You don't need to change Zope's
> security model. Right?

> If you want, we can send it to you and
> you can test/debug it.  Otherwise, we'll try to get it tested/
> debugged ourselves and make it available in a week or two.

If you think a newbie can help test/debug, please send it me, too. At least you can test whether it is easy enough to use for a newbie.
Newbies are valuable resources convertible to a user, right?

We are renovating a history department web with Zope. We want support lecturors, their classes, small groups in those classes and finally
many students.

The main(at least now) problem is that we need a complex hierachy of permision system for MANY people who come, do a little
contributing(uploading, editing, etc) and go. Furthermore, almost every one of them is a dino(local expression for is & feels like a
computer/internet idiots). Hence Zope seems the solution. And if we can manage user hiearachy easily, Zope it the perfect solution.

BTW, I mentioned previously of translating Zope into East Asian languages, though nobody interested in that project : (
It started but we decide to do it more academically, i.e. lazily. The departement head want the web site first, quite naturally. Anyway we
are supposed to be historians.