[Zope] - Authorization aside...

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:40:48 -0800

At 01:30 PM 1/19/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
>>
>> .. I still get problems with proxying... Whenever I have a relative link
>> somewhere in my Zope pages, they always end up on the server machine, and
>> not the proxy, because Zope insists (naturally) on using the server
>> machine as base URL. Now... Is there any way I can change the base URL?
>> (There should be...) Otherwise... Will there be in the future?
>>
>> And as for authorization... Does anyone know how to use the
>> proxying/rewriting-mechanisms of Apache to fool browsers into sending the
>> Authorization from the proxy to the real server as well?
>
>I'm going to try and find some time to work on this tomorrow.
>Hopefully, I'll make some kind of proposal tomorrow afternoon.

Jim, what do you have in mind?

Right now you can use ZopeHTTPServer to override any CGI environment
variable settings you wish. You can usually get what you want by overriding
SCRIPT_NAME, SERVER_NAME, and SERVER_PORT. Check the ZopeHTTPServer
documentation (on the web and in the doc string) for more information.

I'm planning on having a similar facility in the Medusa handler. Also, I'm
pretty sure PCGI allows you to set environment variables in the info file,
though I'm not sure if they will override standard CGI environment
variables...

Do we need a better system than this?

-Amos