[Zope] - Servlet PCGI client?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:12:26 +0000

A recent question on servlets made me wonder how hard it would
be to implement a servlet that forwarded requests via PCGI?  That is, a
servlet that packaged up request input, made a PCGI request to a long-running
app, and sent the response back to the browser.  This would provide an
alternative to the PCGI wrapper, perhaps providing better performance and
avoiding stuffing authentication info in a Unix environment.
Do servlets have access to the HTTP Authorization header?

Does anyone on this list have experience writing servlets and
feel inclined to try wrining this thing?  I think it could be
pretty useful, since I think that a number of web servers
support servlets.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.