[Zope] - Using SQL Methods as containers

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:53:41 -0400

On 1/18, Amos wrote that the use of __bobo_traverse__ isn't
necessary, and that "SQL Methods can be treated like containers .. In
general you can reference database objects via URLs".

Unfortunately, there was no more information than that.

What I need to do looks like I'll need to override __bobo_traverse__
in a subclassed folder. have no idea how to do that exactly..

I have a folder hierarchy, like this:

/Airports/PTD

Where 'PTD' is a subfolder of Airports.

If a person enters /Airports/ALB, and ALB does not exist as a subfolder
of /Airports, what I want to happen is

/Airports/AirportInfo?identifier=ALB

So, /Airports/ALB could be either a true folder object under /Airports,
and if it isn't there then the equivilant of

/Airports/AirportInfo?identifier=ALB  should be used instead.

It'd be neat if a folder could have a "default document", that is, a
document to be loaded if a requested folder object couldn't be found.

My default document could then "import" the AirportInfo page
appropriatly.

Any suggestions?

--

Also, regarding using #tree as a within-document expander/contracter,
I've been thinking that what would probably be better is something called

I've looked at the TreeDisplay source .. hmm. Time to learn python..
What a strange langauge..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836