[Zope] - Authorization aside...

skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@calendar.com (Skip Montanaro)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:10:36 -0500 (EST)

    Jim>   - ZPublisher needs to do the "right thing" with the
    Jim>     HTTP 1.1 Host header.  That is, by default, Zope should make
    Jim>     sure that it's base URL is consistent with HTTP_HOST.

Hot damn!  In my ZPub server (which sits behind the user-visible Apache
server and listens to 127.0.0.2:8043) I was feeding it SERVER_NAME,
SCRIPT_NAME and SERVER_PORT fakery, but not setting HTTP_HOST.  BASE* and
URL* variables were useless.  Once I set HTTP_HOST, it started generating
proper BASE* and URL* variables.  I'm now in URL heaven!

Skip Montanaro	   | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@calendar.com  | Musi-Cal: http://concerts.calendar.com/
518-372-5583