[Zope] - Servlet PCGI client?

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:25:03 +0200

Amos Latteier wrote:

> >Does anyone on this list have experience writing servlets and
> >feel inclined to try wrining this thing?  I think it could be
> >pretty useful, since I think that a number of web servers
> >support servlets.
>
> A *long* time ago I tried my hand at writing a bobo servlet. I got it
> mostly working, but as I recall, I couldn't figure out how to get enough of
> the headers from the request, and/or stuff enough of the headers back into
> the response.
>
> Since that time the Servlet API has changed a couple times, I think. Maybe
> it's easier now.
>
> If anyone wants to make a go of it, I'll try and dig up my old code to get
> you started.

there is a brand new module for apache - mod_cgisock - that "implements
the CGI 1.1 gateway over a unix domain socket."

See it at:

http://www.midcoast.com.au/~mvoase/

Hopefully it could serve as the beginnings of mod_pcgi.

Disclaimer:
As I'm still not sure what the heck the servlet is, and how does it
differ from ZPublisher, my response here may be completely off-topic ;)

 Hannu Krosing