[Zope] - newbie module management question

Bruce Perens Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com>
Thu, 21 Jan 99 12:12 PST

Hi,

Thanks for working on Open Source products, folks. Zope is impressive.

I find myself in clueless newbie mode dispite having read various documents.

I am confused regarding how to install a Python module via the manager.
I'm able to set properties of folders and I see how to install an external
method. What I'd like to do is _upload_ an entire Python module, so that
this module will be an object within my folder and will have its methods
available for use by other objects in the folder.

What little I have been able to acquire by looking at example products is
that the module should be put in Zope/lib/python/, working in the shell and
not the manager - it seems odd that I would not be uploading the module as
I upload documents, using your nice multi-tiered security set-up. Once that
is done, it's not clear to me how to associate that file with a folder - am
I using the installer of external methods to install one "factory" method
that brings in the rest of the module?

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens

~v

--
The $70 Billion US "budget surplus" hardly offsets our $5 Trillion national
debt. The debt increased by $133 Billion in the same year we found a