[Zope] - ANN: CodeIt does Zope hosting

Gabe Wachob gwachob@findlaw.com
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:46:52 -0800

Paul Everitt wrote:

> >From the news on the Zope site:
>
> CodeIt Computing is proud to announce:
>
> http://www.codeit.com/announce.html
>
> Zope support with CodeIt's Standard Monthly Hosting Package. CodeIt has
> been working with and will continue to work with Digital Creations, the
> creator of Zope, to bring Zope hosting to the community. CodeIt will
> also be hosting the www.zope.org website.
>
> I'm extremely pleased to make this joint announcement with Scott
> Robertson from CodeIt.  Getting a list of Zope Hosting Providers is a
> priority for us, and I couldn't have asked for a better company to start
> with than CodeIt.
>
> I expect to have www.zope.org moved over to the new machine, which is
> already online there, within the next week.
>
> A very sincere thanks to Scott and his folks for moving quickly on a
> contract with us...

I'm curious -- has Zope been analyzed from a security point of view? I
honestly haven't thought this through -- perhaps the security issues are no
more than that of CGI..

By Zope Hosting, do they mean being able to run your own instance of Zope,
or only having full admin access to a particular folder (ie can you install
your own Products?)

    -Gabe