[Zope] - Where do I put source code files???

Roey Katz katz@wam.umd.edu
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:16:56 GMT

Amos,

   I've followed a few examples in the documentation, however, I run
into problems right away and I suspect my configuration may be at
fault.

>1. You can publish your own Python modules by setting up your web server to
>use ZPublisher to publish them. This can be done most easily with
>ZopeHTTPServer like so:
>
>ZopeHTTPServer.py myModule

# pwd
/usr/local/Zope-1.9.0-src/ZopeHTTPServer
# ./ZopeHTTPServer.py /home/.../Main.py
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./ZopeHTTPServer.py", line 529, in ?
    if __name__=="__main__": main()
  File "./ZopeHTTPServer.py", line 527, in main
    start(module_file,host,port,threading,env)
  File "./ZopeHTTPServer.py", line 467, in start
    set_published_module(module_file,BoboRequestHandler,env)
  File "./ZopeHTTPServer.py", line 460, in set_published_module
    import cgi_module_publisher
ImportError: No module named cgi_module_publisher

--
Switching to /usr/local/Zope-1.9.0-src/ and executing "./serve.sh &"
(as root) works, however -- what am I doing wrong?

in netscape:
    if I go to: http://www.mydomain.com/home/~katz/MyModule/main
    the ZopeHTTPServer responds with:  MyModule.main()
or, instead:
    if I go to: http://www.mydomain.com/home/~katz
    the ZopeHTTPServer responds with:  MyModule.main()
    (assuming I've 'mapped' MyModule --> /home/~katz)

would it be feasible if such a feature existed? once my object is
published, which URL accesses it?

Thank you,
Roey