[Zope] - catching DB errors

Brian Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:09:35 +0900

Hi -

I was wondering what is the recommended way to catch database errors
before they get to where the user can see them - I am doing a lot of
stuff using DTML scripting w/ SQLMethods, which works fine, but if
possible I want to be able to shield the user from having to see
'Zope Unavailable' and/or a big traceback.

Is there any way to do this from DTML, or do I have to channel things
through a try: except in an ExternalMethod?

Does anyone have a clever solution for this?

(By the way, I'm kind of interested in if the error messages can be
collected and customized in one place - as I'm working in Japan, I
want to change all of the server messages so they come out in Japanese.
I expect there are probably other people that are interested in
internationalization issues also - what have you all been doing?)

--Brian Hooper