[Zope] - ZServer reactions?

Dave G DAve@mail.netraven.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:53:39 -0800

At 10:58 AM -0800 1/25/99, Amos Latteier wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I haven't heard any reactions so far to the new ZServer alpha release which
>includes FTP. I suppose that this is because it's so good that there are no
>bugs to report ;-)
>
>Seriously, I would love to hear from those who have taken the time to try
>it out. Did it work for you? Do you like the new FTP capabilities? Let us
>know.
>
>I'm very excited by the new server architecture, and want to know from you
>all what you think of it.
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Amos

I tried it!, sorry I waited three days,
</sheepish look> I know I was loudly asking for it to be done. </sheepish look>

I installed everyhting, modified my start.py file, then created a
startMedusa file using the old start file.  I did this mainly so I could
use the Zope compiled python or my own installed python.

I get the following traceback

Traceback innermost last
File "start.py". line 23 in ?
	import zope_handler
File "zope_handler.py", line 17, in ?
	import thread
Import error: no Module named thread

This occurs with my Slackware python or Zope's python. Neither will load
the thread module.
I didn't file a bug report because this isn't really a ZServer problem, but
shouldn't the standard Zope distribution include the thread module?  I'm
thinking I need to change my Python here.

Dave.

"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at
the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting -- died"