[Zope] - ZServer

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:25:00 -0400

On 26 Jan 99, at 12:57, Amos Latteier wrote:

> One partial solution would be to limit the total number of FTP
> connections, though annoying people could simply fill all those, and
> prevent anyone else from getting through. On the upside, the HTTP sever
> would still work fine.
>
> Another solution would be to limit FTP access to users defined in the
> top-level Folder. Or maybe limit the number of connections from users not
> defined in the top-level Folder.

Or, if a user hasn't successfully accessed a directory that requires
authorization within xx minutes of connecting, then disconnect.

Or, allow connections to be denied based on ftp client's ip subnet or
domain name.

We make an FTP server for Novell NetWare, so we're versed with these
issues...

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836