[Zope] - Re: [XML-SIG] RE: [Zope] - XML-style DTML code

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:21:23 -0500

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 11:17:59AM -0500, Fred L. Drake wrote:

> Christopher G. Petrilli writes:
>  > Also, I'm not sure it's intended to BE XML, more accurately it's
>  > intended to LOOK like XML to an XML editor, the move to full XML for
>  > this could be troublesome... for exmaple:
>
>   If an XML editor is going to handle it, it better be XML!  If it
> looks like XML, someone will want to use an editor for it, so....

Well, my goal has not been to convert DTML to an XML, but to make it
more LIKE XML, something that is familiar, and something that wouldn't
look out of place.  Honestly, I do not expect people to try and write
HTML+ZTML with an XML tool, were such a beast to actually end up
existing in the hands of a normal human...

Chris