[Zope] DTML and CSS2: any caveats?

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:22:25 -0500

On Sun, Jan 31, 1999 at 10:51:13AM +1100, Stuart Hungerford wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is assuming I can find a browser that properly handles CSS ;-)
>
> If I wanted to use CSS elements in the HTML generated from DTML,
> are there any caveats/warnings/issues etc I need to know about
> first?

I can't speak to CSS2, but I use a ton of CSS1 in the stuff I do, and
other than the fact that every browser version deals with it differently
and with a basically non-overlapping error rate, it works great :-)

DTML isn't related to it... I actually just have the
standard_html_header insert my style sheet in it directly, because I
found certain things BREAK in Netscape and behave differently if the
style sheet is linked versus included... IDIOT PROGRAMMERS FROM HELL.

I'm sure someday, if he were still around, Ed Wood would make a film
about all this!

Chris