[Zope] 2.0.0a3 gets confused about what folder I'm in

bruce@perens.com bruce@perens.com
1 Jul 1999 08:53:37 -0000

I configured Zope 2.0.0a3 a bit unusually, and now it gets confused about what
folder I'm in.

The root of my web site TECHNOCRAT.NET is _not_ Zope's root folder, but is
instead a _sub-folder_ of Zope's root folder. Note how the Apache configuration
below maps "/" to "Zope.cgi/TECHNOCRAT.NET".

	# Zope configuration maps / to CGI Zope.cgi/TECHNOCRAT.NET/
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
	RewriteRule ^/(.*) /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/TECHNOCRAT.NET/$1 [last,e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

When I go to http://technocrat.net/manage, the management screen claims I'm
in the folder /TECHNOCRAT.NET/TECHNOCRAT.NET/TECHNOCRAT.NET . By clicking on
the middle folder in this series, I am transported to
/TECHNOCRAT.NET/TECHNOCRAT.NET/TECHNOCRAT.NET/TECHNOCRAT.NET, which has the
same contents. I can click again to see 5 iterations of "TECHNOCRAT.NET" in my
folder path, and again I'm still in the same folder as before.

I haven't tested this thoroughly enough yet to tell if this introduces
functional errors, or just the inaccurate management display described above.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens