[Zope] Publishing a sub-folder in 2.0.0a3

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
01 Jul 1999 18:17:57 -0400

bruce@perens.com writes:

> Evan Simpson sent me a fix for publishing a sub-folder, and I have ported
> that fix to 2.0.0a3 . Do not apply this patch naively, I've tested it once
> and I'm not at all familliar with the internals of Zope. It's posted here for
> discussion.

Wow, two different patches in the same day that fix the same problem!
Both patches take the same approach, droping a certain number of
pathname elements off of the request.  I think this would also fit in
well with Scott from Codit's multple Zope patch... Scott?  Do you have
an opinion on what should be done?

I also like the idea of storing this information in the PCGI resource
file (Zope.cgi), so as not to clutter up the rewrite rule, whose only
true purpose is to fake out Apache on the HTTP Authorization header.

-Michel