[Zope] ZMySQLDA module compilation

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:46:16 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with the dynamic library MySQLmodule.so, compiled from
version 1.13 of the source code from the ZOPE website. I read the message in
the Bugs collector which says...

***********snip snip************
missing linker file

You may need to add -lgcc in Setup
ie -lmysqlclient -lgcc -lm

if you get an error when you import MySQL
**********snip snip**************

but it doesn't solve my problem. here is the error I get when i try to
import this module into a command-mode python session as advised in the
documentation:

>>> import MySQL
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ./MySQLmodule.so: undefined symbol: open64

the system has RedHat 5.2 (kernel 2.2.1) and python 1.5.1. ZOPE 1.10.3
otherwise runs fine on it. i have the nagging suspicion that something in
the kernel includes of 2.2.1 could be at fault... anyone have an idea?

thanks!

Jens Vagelpohl