[Zope] test

Patrick Phalen zope-list@teleo.net
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:26:02 -0700

On Fri, 02 Jul 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> Sorry for the interruption of service folks, sendmail is a daemon
> straight from hell.

Pun intended, right?

The first thing I do when performing a new Unix/Linux install is blow
away sendmail and install qmail. I'm not alone in this - e.g.,
apache.org and redhat.com have also made the switch.

Sendmail:

* One monolithic, Swiss Army Knife executable
* Insanely complex configuration file
* "Security patch of the week"
* Open source

qmail:

* Individuated executables
* Individuated, one-liner config files
* Secure
* Blazingly fast
* Open source

I was very happy to see that this year, Dr. Dobbs Journal delivered  its
Programming Excellence award to my two top programming heroes: Guido van
Rossum (Python) and Dan Bernstein (qmail).  :)

Check out http://www.qmail.org