[Zope] ZCatalog bug

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 15:57:06 -0400

Hehehe.  Go ahead and change it, I took a look around.

Not only can you not delete a ZCatalog, you can't delete *anything*.
All attempts to delete raise an unautorized.  This leads to the
conclusion that it is probably not a ZCatalog bug.  The funny thing is,
according to the security machinery, superuser should never get an
unauthorized.

I would recommend the following course of action:

Remove the ZPublisher patch that was applied, because the Unautorized is
raised in ZPublisher, this is highly suspect.  Test.

If it fails, do a CVS checkout
(http://www.zope.org/Community/CVS_public_access) of both Zope and
ZCatalog and see if the problem exists in the latest version.  If not,
try your patch.  This could pretty conclusivly point the the patch.

If all else fails, wait for Zope2.0.0a4 and ZCatalog1.0.0a2 sometime
next week.

I believe a very similar patch was posted to the list also, you might
want to try that one.

-Michel