[Zope] Newbie: How to UPDATE records in MySQL?

piotrk@ibb.waw.pl piotrk@ibb.waw.pl
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 05:21:40 -0700

I have MySQL database connected to ZOPE 1.10.3. I can search and INSERT new records, but I don't know how to edit and UPDATE single records.

I think that a single record in a database can be updated in the following way:

1. Search the database and display the results in tabular format (it is already working).

2. Select a single record to edit - I do not know how to make a link from tabular search result to a single record (i.e. hyperlink from a record first field to page with forms containing data preloaded from fields to be edited.

4. POST the changed form and UPDATE the database record.

Could you please send me some sample code? Are there any on-line documentation I can read? I have found plenty of
information about searching and inserting data into internet accessible databases but no information about updating
database records.

TIA