[Zope] Success (almost) building Zope using mingw on NT

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:25:15 -0500

Well,

Thanks to some great instructions at http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/
and a couple small patches I've manage to get Zope extensions to build as
.pyd's on my NT machine using mingw.  And surprisingly things work, almost.

Zope running with ZODB2 is utter perfection, however I run into some
problems (most certainly of my own making) trying to run ZODB3.  I'm too
lazy to type in the entire traceback (Windows is being picky about letting
me copy and paste from my command window), but here is hopefully the
important stuff:

	Traceback (innermost last):
		<snip>
	   File
"C:\mingw\Zope\Zope-2.0.0a3-src\lib\python\ZODB\Connection.py", line 118, in
__init__
	      self._cache=cache=PickleCache(self,cache_size,
cache_deactivate_after)
	TypeError: function requires at most 2 arguments; 3 given.

So I poke around a little bit and decide (as an experiment), in
Connection.py, to try changing
	from cPickleCache import PickleCache
	from BoboPOS.PickleCache import PickleCache
since the PickleCache there has three arguments (for the __init__ function,
that is).  Rerunning Zope I get _almost_ exactly the same error message:

	Traceback (innermost last):
		<snip>
	   File
"C:\mingw\Zope\Zope-2.0.0a3-src\lib\python\ZODB\Connection.py", line 118, in
__init__
	      self._cache=cache=PickleCache(self,cache_size,
cache_deactivate_after)
	TypeError: function requires at most 3 arguments; 4 given.

Harumph, I know not at all what to make of this.  Any hints on what may be
causing this?

TIA,
John