[Zope] Password screens

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 16:16:46 -0400

We'll let you (meaning everybody) know as soon as we know.

> Unthreadsafe DAs could be a performance bottleneck, but then,
> one usually
> could serialize the requests to two backend connections, right?
> (Because each Z SQL method is a seperate transaction in SQL
> speak, right?)

I don't think so, I believe the problem lies in that many of the
database client libraries reference global data.  If two threads enter
that code at the same time, even if they are using different
connections, they will step on each others concept of 'their' global
data.  This problem can exist at any point from the DA down to the C
code that the database client library may be written in (if it's written
in C, gadfly's client interface, for example, is written entirely in
Python).

-Michel