[Zope] intermittent slowdown

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:55:55 -0400

hi everyone,

guess tonight i'm on a roll with all these questions :)  thanks a bundle for
the helpful answers i got on my previous queries, those problems are solved.

i'm not sure if this one has to do with zope itself or my platform or other
environment factors: when i work in the management interface i experience
intermittent "hanging" when jumping from one object to the next, e.g. after
editing a dtml method i click on a folder name in the left-hand navigation
bar to switch to that folder. i will get there, but it does take 30-60
seconds sometimes. the funniest thing is, it does not seem to happen when
viewing the website and navigating through it, only when "managing" it.
to make it even more interesting, when i have two browser windows, one
"viewing" the site and the other "managing" it, if i experience one of those
hangups on the "manage" side and just navigate or refresh on the "view" side
the hangup on the management side gets resolved as well and i get wherever i
wanted.

am i the only one who has seen this behavior?

my setup is RedHat 6.0, python 1.5.2, Zope 2.0.0a3 on ZServer, all on a dual
P166MMX with 256M ram.

thanks again for the help so far :)

Jens Vagelpohl