[Zope] Survey: Gadfly usage

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 17:20:02 +0200

At 16:33 08/07/99 , Christopher Petrilli wrote:
>OK, as we're having to go through all the DAs  to fix/break/etc the
>multi-threaded support, I have a few questions for people about their usage
>of Gadfly...
>
>1. Have you ever used Gadfly?  If so, please describe in 30 words, what you
>used it for.

Yes, for prototyping a DB quickly. And extensive UserDB support (so I could
use cookies).

>2. Did you find it useful?

Yes, especially for UserDB. No need to install another DB.

>3. Was the fact that it was included important to you?

Yes. I can count on there being at least the Gadfly DB.

>4. Do you believe we should continue to include Gadfly in Zope?

Yup. Upgrade to the latest version, including kjbuckets for speed.

>5. Do you believe we should move Gadfly to an add-on distribution?

No. The advantage of Gadfly is its inclusion!

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer