[Zope] zope2+netscape security?

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:12:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Robin Becker wrote:

> I am running a local 127.0.0.1 Zope2 under  win9x. Using netscape I log
> in as manager. I start another (simultaneous) copy of netscape and I
> find I have the same permissions as the logged in browser. If I use IE
> as the second browser I don't. I assume that this is a problem with
> netscape.
Nope, this is probably a problem with Windows not allowing a second copy
of netscape to run. Netscape quite correctly assumes, that the user is
the same on all windows, so it sends the BasicAuth entered in one window
from all windows afterwards. On UNIX, if you start a second copy of
netscape, you get a warning about not being able to share the cache and
other items. The second Netscape doesn't supply the authentication from
the first one, as it does not know a thing about it :)

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by