[Zope] security for nobody

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 00:12:21 +0200 (CEST)

On 8 Jul 1999, CURTIS David wrote:

> Friends of Zope,
>
> I am a Zope newbie who wishes to allow access only  to a limited number of users (10) on a MYSQL database in Zope.  The users are web novices and not very technical savy.  The way I setup Zope is that the user nobody comes in a web server using the approach:
> htttp:\1526.125.145:9673\directory1\index.html
Ok, it's more like
http://152.6.125.145:9673/directory1/index_html
(at least you don't have to mention which OS you are using.)

> How can I password the *database* directory from casual browsers?  I would like a password prompt appear and then have them log in.  Has anyone done this and How did you do it?
Create a user folder in the database Folder, and add your 10 users in this
user folder.
Afterwards, click on the database folder, then on the Security tab.
Either add a role, that each of the user should be part of, or use the
Manager role.
Now disable the inherit check button on "View". Check the button for your
choosen Role in the "View" row.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by