[Zope] Survey: Gadfly usage

Piers Lauder piers@cs.su.oz.au
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 08:57:50 +1000

On Thu, 08 Jul 1999, Christopher Petrilli wrote:
>OK, as we're having to go through all the DAs  to fix/break/etc the
>multi-threaded support, I have a few questions for people about their
>usage of Gadfly...

I very much like having Gadfly available in the core distribution.

I use if for debugging products that use databases. Also, it allows
me to test the product against multiple databases more simply (I only
need to install one other DBMS to get more than 1). And a database
using product can then be installed anywhere, even at sites that
haven't installed a native DBMS.

But while we are on the subject, I'd also really appreciate Gadfly being
upgraded to Aaron's latest release (including kjbuckets for the increased speed).

Computer Science, Sydney University, Madsen Bldg F09, Sydney NSW 2006, Australia
Phone: +61 2 9351 2824    Fax: +61 2 9351 3838     http://www.cs.su.oz.au/~piers