[Zope] Zope, performance and multithreading (beginner questions)

Samu Mielonen ex@uiah.fi
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 12:36:07 +0300

Hello,

another set of newbie questions from somebody who's just
begun with Zope:

If I try to aim for moderately good (or beyond that) performance
with Zope, what should I use for data storate (Z ODB3, MySql)?

What about http-server, if perfomance needs to be fast for
multiple concurrent dynamic pages with a lot of persistent
storage access? Apache, Medusa, something else?

Also, will I benefit (performance wise) from running
Zope under Linux in a 2 CPU SMP configuration? (i.e. is
it multithreaded properly to take advantage of more
than one cpu)?

Any other issues that I should consider when aiming
for fast response times under a heavy load? (i.e.
specific coding/design approaches, except doing
most everything in C :)

Best regards,
	Samu Mielonen

--
"Zone of proximal development - ...the conceptual space or zone between what
a [human] is capable of doing on his or her own and what [he/she] can