[Zope] Can I change the authentication realm programmatically?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:13:12 +0100

> > Trouble is, I can't figure out where to fill in the gap realm='SST
>> Tutor', it seems that 'Zope' is hard-coded in to the source.
>
>I've just been digging through the source. Looks like the realm get's
>set in the ZPublisher component. It's not hardcoded, though. Here's a
>snippet:
>
>        elif os.environ.has_key('Z_REALM'):
>	            realm=os.environ['Z_REALM']

cheers for the reply Ross,

> > Anyone got any ideas?
>
>So, if you can put up with changing the realm for your entire Zope install,
>just set an environment variable Z_REALM='SST Tutor'
>
>Ross

trouble is, I need to do this almost on a 'per-folder' level as I'll
be authenticating against several realms (SST Tutor is just one of
them).

tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2