[Zope] Zope, performance and multithreading (beginner questio ns)

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:14:56 -0400

I would suggest against two DA from the same database.  We are in a
stitch right now because we have two Sybase DAs, one we wrote that we
never released, and one Brian Hooper wrote that is the community DA, the
problem is, our consulting customers use ours, and everybody else uses
Brian's.  We want to officially support Sybase, and we'll probably end
up with something between the two of them, and call it 'official'.

So I would suggest we, as a community, huck the old DA that has served
us so well in our non-threaded days and rewrite it to use your
threadsafe module.  As you suggested, this should be pretty a pretty low
calorie change since python has a little secret the rest of the world
has yet to find out about, standard interfaces!

So now we need a volunteer to rewrite the DA.  Paul has officially
pledged to send a wav file of him making kissing/lovey sounds to
whomever takes on the task.

-Michel

PS: I'll leave this link here cuz it's cool:
http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman/MySQLdb.html