[Zope] DTML / HTML and Emacs PSGML Mode

Lennart Staflin lenst@lysator.liu.se
12 Jul 1999 14:23:34 +0200

Alastair Burt <burt@dfki.de> writes:

> Dear fellow Zopistas,
>
> I wonder if any of you are using Emacs psgml mode to edit DTML and HTML
> documents for Zope.  Maybe you could give me a few tips.  I have two
> questions in particular. They both arise from the fact that psgml only
> wants to generate syntactically valid sgml code:
>
>     1) Is there some trick to get psgml to work with files such as the following?
>
>       <!--#var standard_html_header-->
>       <h2><!--#var title_or_id--></h2>
>       This is the <!--#var id--> Document.
>       <!--#var standard_html_footer-->
>
>        Really, I want psgml to act as if the file is in an enclosing
>        sgml-parent-document might help, but my attempts to generate such a
>        parent document were not successful.

What you need to do is create a dummy document containing a
doctype-declaration for HTML. Then you need to set the
sgml-parent-document variable for the documents to

  ("dummy.html" "html" "body" ())

Where "dummy.html" is the name of the dummy file. You can do that with
a comment in the first line of the file:

    <!--*-sgml-parent-document:("home.html" "html" "body" ())-*-->

    <h1></h1>

The conditionals and loops in DTML should still be a problem.

--
Lennart Staflin <lenst@lysator.liu.se>        /*/         (:ABSOLUTE :WILD)