[Zope] Zope 2 binaries for Win32

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:18:20 -0500

Hey,

If you don't mind messing around with mingw/cygwin you can almost build out
of the box for the Zope alpha source releases.  I would put the information
on how to do that here but, as is depressingly usual, I don't have that data
quite handy.  If you are feeling a bit fearless I can do a quick write up
for you of what I did to get this all to work.  It's just a matter of
downloading some stuff and making a few small changes to some Python code.

Note also that Anthony Pfrunder has done awesome work on getting Zope alphas
to compile under Windows.  I believe his distribution (check the mailing
list for the URL, again my memory is woefully inadequate) contains the
binaries/pyd's needed to run Zope.  You will need to grab his distribution
anyway because it contains patches that are a must have (use? apply?) for
whatever compiler you use on Windows.

Hope that helps,
John