[Zope] Auto-ID creation

Bruce C. Dillahunty bdillahu@mindspring.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:10:10 -0400

I have another dumb question (thanks for the quick fix on ZClasses within
ZClasses, by the way... works great!).

I need to "auto-create" a ZClass that I have... what I mean is that I want the
user to be able to click a "new" button, and get a new instance of the class
WITHOUT having to enter an ID... I would like an auto-generated ID... either a
random number or sequential or whatever. I can generate the ID, I think, but
can't seem to create the instance.

I think this may be similar to the problem that was being discussed about
creating ZClasses from external methods, but I can't seem to find a way to get
it to work...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce