[Zope] Zope and Frontier Comparison

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kam Cheung <zope@littlecircle.com> wrote:
[lots of good comparison of Frontier and Zope
acquisition deleted]
> In Frontier, it's another story. When you view a
> Frontier object, Frontier
> will assume that you will acquire the most immediate
> pageHeader, pageFooter
> and template. So, in a Fronter object, all I need to
> do is put in:
>
>     Bodytext goes here!!!
>
> I don't need to refer to any pageHeader or
> pageFooter in the html object.

When I chose to start working with Zope, I also
evaluated Frontier. To me, the automatic use of
templates seems natural and convenient. It allows the
delegation of content creation without the writer
having to know *anything* about DTML. If you use
Structured Text, they only need to know a little
structured text, no HTML.

It would not be difficult in Zope2 to create ZClasses
that automatically use a default template.

Kevin