[Zope] any streaming audio formats that Zope can serve?

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:48:32 +1000

>>> Alexander Staubo wrote
> Check out Microsoft's Advanced Streaming Format (ASF). It supports
> anything from audio to video to PowerPoint files. Microsoft includes a
> real-time encoder with their free streaming tools. Download it from
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/.
>
> For information on serving live/on-demand content, check out
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/host.asp.

Hm. Even if their encoders worked on anything useful (no, I will not,
by choice, run an NT server in a different country - way too much of
a maintenance headache), it looks like the encoders are all GUI based.
Not really useful - I'm dealing with a variety of on-demand content.

I can see an easy path is going to be to wrap the earlier mentioned
quicktime libraries into a python module...

Anthony