[Zope] Confera "talkback" buttons - is this correct?

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:26:24 +0200

At 01:02 14/07/99 , Alexander Staubo wrote:
>Of course. Call it a momentarily lapse of reason -- I wasn't thinking
>clearly. Honestly! :-)
>
>I remember being somewhat annoyed by this at one point as I could not
>find a way to cleanly handle class construction -- I ended up putting a
>check in the class' index_html and creating my instances there, which is
>an ugly but functional hack. I still think ZClasses should be permitted
>to expose constructor-like methods. The form-handling code you described
>works but is hardly a "neat" solution.

You could define a 'Contructor' method on your ZClass, and have the
form-handling code call it. Should be a good workaround for the time being,
and easily converted to whatever standard there ever might be..

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer