[Zope] Text won't Wrap on Zope site

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:43:20 -0400

Cees wrote:
> bob@rocnet.com said:
> > TEXT Does NOT wrap! It requires using scroll bars to read.
>
> I noticed the same with Netscape. Even though my laptop does
> 1024x768, it's a
> PITA and bad style to have non-wrapping text.

OK, I'll bite...let's say I have a <PRE> block encoding the rewrite rule
for Apache.  Putting in a line break would break it.

Let's say I quote a snippet of Python and I put in a break where the
author didn't intend a break to be.  Hmm, that seems like bad style.

_That's_ the reason that those pages don't wrap.  They include lines
that must be entered exacly the way they are, such as shell commands to
start up Zope.

FWIW, the pages are written as Structured Text, which converts to HTML
automatically from the text file that ships as doc/CHANGES.txt.

--Paul