[Zope] Text won't Wrap on Zope site

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:11:23 +0200

Paul@digicool.com said:
> Let's say I quote a snippet of Python and I put in a break where the
> author didn't intend a break to be.  Hmm, that seems like bad style.

In that case, I always make my preview window reasonably small, and redo
the lines by manually breaking them and appending backslashes until
they fit. Python programmers will understand this in program snippets, because
it is valid syntax. Unix people understand it in shell commands because the
backslash as escape character seems to be hardwired in their minds. As for
MS-DOS - you don't want to have long command lines there ;-) (but in emergency
cases, a small note at the start of the text will help).

If STX cannot handle this, it may be a good idea to add it - nothing irritates
a lot of people more than pages that don't resize with their browser for
non-obvious reasons (the obvious reasons being broad images or tables).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>